COASTAL SCENTS: UNREFINED SHEA BUTTER & SHEA OIL REVIEW




Had to finally give a review on my Coastal Scents shea butter! I have been using this for years to keep my skin soft and to keep chapped winter cheeks at bay. Coastal Scents is the only place that I trust enough to buy shea butter from. Great reviews on their shea butter and great customer service. I actually went into a local African store to find shea butter, what I found was a cracked plastic takeout container (yes, food container) filled with a grainy white substance that had a black spot (mold?) that went deep into the white matter. Yuck!
This is what the Coastal Scents shea butter looks like:


It is so creamy and just melts right into your skin. The smell is a little nutty, its very nice and light. The smell does disappear after a few minutes, for those who are scent sensitive. This shea butter is unrefined. Meaning it is not "cleaned up" (heated to extreme temps and filtered), which would in effect remove the scent and some of the beneficial qualities. FYI shea butter should NEVER be neon or bright yellow. Neon yellow colored shea butter usually will have palm oil or some other cheap filler in it that gives you that super bright color. Shea butter should be a off white to light/medium yellow in color. Originally, I bought this for my hair. Come to find out my 3C curls do not like shea butter. Also, shea butter does NOT like hairspray as much as I do. Using hairspray or other fixative products with shea butter, I find, causes little white balls / clumps in the hair which will cause the need for a rewashing. Shea butter / oil has many uses when it comes to skin. Such as eczema, psoriasis, cuts, cracked skin, dry skin, on feet (great for diabetics), burns, stretch marks (only red stretch marks, once they are flesh colored they are scars - shea can soften them but will not remove them) and more.

BUT... I still wanted to reap all the benefit of shea for my hair so...I bought the shea oil that Coastal Scents offers!


Then I officially fell in love! I add a few drops to my hair with conditioner to deep condition the hair, or add a little to my ends before styling and my favorite way to use shea oil? ADDING IT TO MY BATH WATER! Just a few drops will do. It is so PHENOM for your skin. If there is every an ailment my first instinct it to "Throw a 'lil shea on it.". LOL These two products will last you a great while and will do nothing but benefit your skin, hair and nails. Stop wondering and try the AWESOMENESS that is shea butter!
You can find these products at Coastal Scents in their Made in Africa section, link below:


http://www.coastalscents.com/bath-and-body/made-in-africa.html

Comments