SONY BLU RAY YOUTUBE ERROR: FAVORITES / PLAYLIST 12 VIDEO LIMIT GLITCH FIXED!



So a while ago I bought a Sony Blu Ray player, model BPD-S590. At first I loved the player! Netflix, Hulu, YouTube and internet browsing changed my viewing experience for the better. After months and months of using the player with little to no issues, the player experienced a glitch while I was attempting to access my YouTube favorites. My favorites list was limited to 12 videos... wtf? I had over 80 videos saved to this list and previously was able to view all of them on the player by simply scrolling down the screen. So I did what anyone would do and contacted Sony directly. They told me to unplug the player to reset it, unplug my wifi box to reset it and to do a network update (it was already updated.). "Sony Make.Believe"... yeah, those directions are "make believe". They didnt work. I was also told you cant view videos with advertisements on them in the player and that might be causing the problem. This is true only part of the time. Even then, the list is not limited because of it. It just wont play it and gives you a black screen with a messages saying it cant play the video. I even considered returning it because I use the YouTube feature so frequently and it was quite annoying having to keep deleting videos from my list to see past the 12th video. So here is what "fixed" (more like patched) the problem for me.

Sony Blu Ray player BPD-S590


Go to your YouTube page on your Sony blu ray player and go to your favorites. Now go on a desktop or laptop and log into your YouTube account. Now while your YouTube Favorites are open in your blu ray, I want you to edit your favorites (add or delete videos) on your desktop or laptop. Then go to your favorites on your blu ray player and select "Update List". VoilĂ ! Full favorites are visible.

I dont think this is a permanent fix but it will do until Sony can fix it (dont hold your breath.)...

Hope this helps. Thanks for visiting!

For all PR inquiries contact: pr.jonellecouture@gmail.com

Comments

  1. Hey there, I just bought this same Blu Ray and I was searching online about a problem that's really pissing me off. My playlists on youtube don't have all the videos on it, like there's one that I have 24 videos, and only two apear on the blue ray youtube app. I realised that it doesn't play vevo videos, but then I made another list without vevo ones, and even them a lot of videos are missing. Do you have this problem and know how can I fix it?? Thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the delay in reply! If you follow the above steps, it should correct itself... BUT it might have something to do with third party advertising. I have added videos with advertising and it wont come up on my list the same as VEVO videos. Some will play and some wont. Havent figured that one out yet. Again, sorry for the delay in reply.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love sony blu ray player design,
    elegant and there'r cheap :-)
    may be will buy that blu ray player

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment