RESTORE YOUR TARNISHED PERFUME BOTTLES! HOW I BROUGHT MY CHLOE PERFUME BACK FROM THE DEAD...

Oh, happy day!



So I got inspired today, ladies! I recently bought a silver tray at an estate sale to display my perfumes. I have this bottle of Chloe perfume but it was SO tarnished it was not fit for display. I found myself using it less and less. It just got darker in color from the tarnish. The bottle couldn't look any worse so I used some remedies for tarnish I picked up during this game we call "Life". To my amazement the bottle looks new!!! It was nearly full and I hated that such an expensive bottle was going to waste. Now it is sure to become my fall signature scent. Here is the break down of what I did:

You will need a small bowl, microwave or stove top, microwaveable cup, foil, table salt, baking soda, a plate (paper is fine) and a washcloth.

Take your microwavable cup and fill with water (amount depends on how shallow your bowl is), I used about 3/4 C for my small Pyrex bowl. 

Heat cup in microwave for about 2 minutes or until its hot enough to brew tea but is not boiling (I repeat, NOT BOILING!). 

While this is heating up, line your bowl of choice with tin foil. Put in 2 teaspoons of table salt and 2 tablespoons of baking soda.

When the water is heated, pour it into your bowl with the salt and baking soda mixture. It will bubble slightly.



Now take the nozzle off your perfume and add the nozzle to the water (I tested the nozzle first, better safe than sorry.). Then lean the bottle of perfume so all the tarnished metal is covered by the mixture. Feel free to add more water if needed to achieve this. Try to keep as much of the glass out of the water as possible. Let soak for at least 2 minutes.

Take your plate and sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of table salt and 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda on to it. This will be your "after bath" scrub mixture.

After the 2 minute mark, pull out your bottle. You should be able to see a difference in the tarnish. Take your washcloth and dip a corner into the hot water. Then dip that part of the wash cloth in your salt and baking soda scrub mixture. Work this paste all over the tarnished parts of the item, including the spray nozzle. Rinse your item off and see if it any more tarnish remains. If so, repeat this process until your bottle is at its restored silver shade. 



As you can see from the photo below, it was restored to the original mirrored finish.



Hope this helps. Thanks for visiting!

For all PR inquiries contact: pr.jonellecouture@gmail.com

Comments

  1. thanks worked like a charm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine was tarnished just as bad. I used a simple toothpaste (with blue mint crystals, I'm sure any toothpaste would work though) and applied with a toothbrush to the tarnished metal. Less than a minute of scrubbing and it was just as good as new.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just used a jewelry cleaner cloth. It was really easy and convenient. You can get little cloths for free from Pandora if when you buy something

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just used a jewelry cleaner cloth. It was really easy and convenient. You can get little cloths for free from Pandora if when you buy something

    ReplyDelete
  5. This worked so well! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Εγώ έλαβα ένα μπουκάλι 75ml σε σετ δώρου που είχε μικρές καφέ κηλίδες στο πίσω μέρος.Λιγες μεν αλλά υπήρχαν.Δε μου έχει συμβεί να σκουριάσει κάποιο μέχρι στιγμής όμως

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts